Personal Notes on Lawyers
• Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has elected as partners Jonathan Goldstein, tax; Karen Hsu Kelley, corporate; Edgar Lewandowski, corporate; Krista Miniutti, real estate; Anthony Vernace, corporate; and Craig Waldman, litigation.
• William Harrington, the U.S. Trustee for Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island, has been designated to also serve as the U.S. Trustee for New York, Connecticut and Vermont, effective Nov. 27. Harrington replaces Tracy Hope Davis, who has been appointed as the U.S. Trustee for Northern and Eastern California and Nevada.
• Carl Riley has joined Greenberg Traurig as a shareholder in the real estate investment trusts and tax practices. Riley was practicing at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
• Thompson Hine has added securities litigator Tammy Bieber as a partner in the firm's business litigation practice. She most recently practiced at Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt.
• The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution has named two new members of its board of directors: Sabine Chalmers and Stephen Mohr. Chalmers is chief legal and corporate affairs officer and secretary to the board of directors at AB InBev. Mohr is deputy general counsel, North America, and U.S. general counsel at AstraZeneca.
• Kilpatrick Townsend partner Marc Lieberstein has received the Volunteer Service Award from the Cardozo Law Alumni Association. The award is given annually to alumni nominated and voted upon by the alumni association executive committee.