Personal Notes on Lawyers
• Herzfeld & Rubin has opened an office in Yangon, Myanmar. Andrew Ngun Cung Lian will serve as managing director of the office and will lead a staff of five American and Myanmar attorneys. Foreign counsel include Eric Rose and Nina Dunn. The new law office is named Herzfeld, Rubin, Meyer & Rose Law Firm.
• Moritt Hock & Hamroff has added Michael Sarney as of counsel. Sarney focuses on patent litigation, trademark prosecution and trademark litigation. Sarney was special counsel at Katten Muchin Rosenman.
• Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel has added Darren Marks as a partner focusing on litigation in courts and before administrative agencies. Marks was a member at Smith Mazure Wilkins Director Young & Yagerman.
• Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has added Jose Fernandez as a partner focusing on mergers and acquisitions and finance in emerging markets. He was assistant secretary for the State Department's Economic, Energy and Business Affairs Bureau.
• Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton elected to its partnership Jonathan Kolodner, criminal, securities, and enforcement and regulatory; and Paul Tiger, corporate transactions. The firm promoted to counsel John Harrison, real estate, and Caroline Hayday, compensation and benefits. The promotions are effective Jan. 1, 2014.
• Nixon Peabody has elevated public finance attorney Barry Rothchild to counsel.
• Patton Boggs has added public finance team Alphonso Tindall Jr., Sani Williams and Deborah Hartmann Henry. Tindall joins as partner, while Williams and Henry join as of counsel. They join from Edwards Wildman Palmer.
• Loeb & Loeb has added David Mallen as a partner focusing on advertising and consumer protection law. He was deputy director of the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
• Brown Rudnick has added Alejandro Fiuza in the firm's Boston and New York offices as a corporate partner. With the addition of Fiuza, the firm is launching a Latin American practice, which he will chair. Fiuza was a partner at K&L Gates where he co-coordinated its Latin American practice.
• Blank Rome partner Stephen Whelan has been elected to the 2014 board of directors of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association for a three-year term.