Personal Notes on Lawyers
• Winston & Strawn has added Glen Barrentine as a partner in the financial services practice. He was special counsel at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.
• Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler has brought on James Masella III as a litigation partner from Blank Rome. Masella focuses on complex securities litigation, white collar criminal and commercial matters.
• Haynes and Boone has added labor and employment lawyer Jason Habinsky as a partner. He joins from Hughes Hubbard & Reed.
• Mark Mutterperl has joined Bracewell & Giuliani as a partner focusing on brand protection and intellectual property litigation. Mutterperl was a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright. The firm's IP practice also added senior counsels W. Drew Kastner, who joined from IP advisory and licensing services firm Thinkfire, and Jessica Parise, also from Norton.
• Lowenstein Sandler has added Edward Nadel in its investment management group as senior counsel. Nadel was previously general counsel and chief compliance officer at Star Mountain Capital.
• Richard O'Leary has joined Troutman Sanders as a partner in the firm's business litigation practice. O'Leary, who was a partner at McCarter & English, practices in commercial litigation and product liability.
• Cohen Clair Lans Greifer & Thorpe has hired Michael Calogero as an associate in the matrimonial practice. He had been law clerk to Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Deborah Kaplan.
• Boutwell Fay, an Irvine-Calif., boutique focused on ERISA and employee benefits, has opened a New York office with the addition of Evan Giller and Jeremiah Hanrahan as of counsel. Both attorneys were formerly practicing at Giller & Calhoun.
• Bingham McCutchen has added Juan Manuel Trujillo as a corporate partner focusing on transactions in Latin America. He was a partner at Arnold & Porter.
• McDermott Will & Emery has promoted to partner: Nicole Castle, antitrust and competition; Harold Davidson, corporate advisory; Maria Eberle, state and local tax; Lisa Gerson, trial; and Jennifer Konefal, corporate advisory.