Personal Notes on Lawyers
• Davis Polk & Wardwell has added Brian Lichter as a partner in the firm's real estate practice. He was a partner at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
• Charles Kaplan has joined Sills Cummis & Gross as a member in the firm's employment and labor practice. Kaplan was a partner at Sedgwick.
• Robert Ray has joined FoxRothschild as a partner in the firm's litigation and white-collar compliance and defense practices. Ray was a partner at Pryor Cashman.
• John Haas has joined Foley & Lardner as of counsel in the firm's private equity and venture capital and transactional and securities Practices. Haas was an executive director at UBS AG on the global capital solutions team within the debt capital markets group.
• Howard Chatzinoff, a partner at Weil, Gotshal & Manges and cochair of its M&A practice, has been elected chair of the board of directors of PENCIL, a nonprofit focused on creating models of collaboration between schools and businesses.
• Steptoe & Johnson has added real estate lawyer David Richards as senior counsel. Richards joins Steptoe from McCarter & English.
• Brad Berman, a shipping and corporate finance lawyer, has joined Norton Rose Fulbright as a partner, focusing on maritime and corporate finance, offshore incorporation and private wealth planning. Berman was executive director at Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry.
• Reed Smith has added David Hryck and David Mason as partners. Hryck joins the firm's tax, benefits and wealth planning group. Mason is a member of the firm's corporate and securities group. The firm also added Sheila Geraghty as counsel, focusing on international tax and transfer pricing for corporations. All three come from Dentons, where Hryck was U.S. head of international tax.
• Davidoff Hutcher & Citron has added Marc Kaufman as a partner within its real estate group. He previously practiced at Katz & Matz.
• Transactional boutique Hand Baldachin & Amburgey has added Carl van der Zandt as partner, focusing on cross-border transactions and litigation. Van der Zandt was a founding and managing partner of the law firm Gusy Van der Zandt.