Personal Notes on Lawyers
• Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson has added David Karnovsky as a partner in the firm's real estate department. Karnovsky has served as general counsel to the New York City Department of City Planning since 1999.
• Zuckerman Spaeder has added D. Brian Hufford and Jason Cowart as partners, focusing on health care and insurance litigation. They were partners at Pomerantz.
• McDermott Will & Emery has added emerging markets and private equity lawyer Daniel Chavez as a partner in the firm's energy advisory practice. Chavez was general counsel and corporate secretary of private equity firm Zaff Capital.
• Foley & Lardner has elected to its partnership Brian Cohen, chair of the New York real estate practice and co-chair of the senior living team.
• Moritt Hock & Hamroff has promoted to partner Steven Rubin, who concentrates on complex patent-related matters and serves as chair of the firm's patent and cybersecurity practice groups.
• BakerHostetler has elected to its partnership Nicholas Cremona, corporate and financial restructuring; Stacey Bell, litigation; and Edward Jacobs, litigation.
• Long Island-based Abrams Fensterman has named Carolyn Reinach Wolf, director of the firm's mental health Law practice, to name partner. Effective immediately, the firm's name is Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf.
• Lowenstein Sandler has added private equity lawyer Michael Brosse as a partner in the corporate department. Brosse was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis.
• Sutherland Asbill & Brennan has added Yasho Lahiri as a partner in the financial services practice. Lahiri, who advises clients on the formation of and investment in alternative investment funds, was previously a partner with Baker Botts.
• The North Shore-LIJ Health System has appointed Laura Peabody as senior vice president of legal affairs and chief legal officer and Andrew Schulz as vice president and general counsel. Peabody succeeds Keith Thompson, who retired last fall. Peabody was chief legal officer at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.