Outside Counsel

How to Get Permission for a Non-Citizen to Stay and Work for You in the U.S.

, New York Law Journal


Richard Link writes: You've found the right person for your job opening, but you suspect there's going to be one little catch: She's not a U.S. citizen. In fact, you're pretty sure she doesn't have any kind of legal status in the United States. Is there any way to hire this person? The short answer is maybe, and it won't be easy. But with enough advance planning, it is possible for you as the employer to obtain for certain workers the right to live and work in the United States, either temporarily or permanently.

This premium content is reserved for New York Law Journal subscribers.

Continue reading by getting started with a subscription.

Already a subscriber? Log in now

What's being said

Comments are not moderated. To report offensive comments, click here.

Preparing comment abuse report for Article #1202791183907

Thank you!

This article's comments will be reviewed.