3. Accessing Justice: The Availability and Adequacy of Counsel in Immigration Proceedings, Study Group on Immigrant Representation, December 2012, available at http://www.cardozolawreview.com/content/denovo/NYIRS_Report.pdf.
4. "Bench, Bar, and Immigrant Representation: Meeting an Urgent Need," Remarks of Judge Robert A. Katzmann, Federal Bar Council, New York, NY at 3 (May 1, 2012), available at http://www.federalbarcouncil.org/vg/custom/uploads/pdfs/Proceedings_of_2012_ Law_Day_Dinner.pdf.
6. Judge Jon O. Newman, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Statement before the Senate Judiciary Committee 8 (April 3, 2006).
7. Judge John M. Walker, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Statement before the Senate Judiciary Committee 3-4 (April 3, 2006).
8. Recinos de Leon v. Gonzales, 400 F.3d 1185, 1187 (9th Cir. 2005).
10. Matter of Acosta, 19 I. & N. Dec. 211, 233 (B.I.A. 1985), overruled in part on other grounds, Matter of Mogharrabi, 19 I.&N. Dec. 439 (B.I.A. 1987).
11. See Accessing Justice II: A Model for Providing Counsel to New York Immigrants in Removal Proceedings, Study Group on Immigrant Representation, November 2012, available at http://www.cardozolawreview.com/content/denovo/NYIRS_ReportII.pdf.