An appeals court has reinstated a man's 1992 murder conviction, reversing a lower court's decision to vacate the sentence after finding that a conflict of interest arose when the man's attorney took a job with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office.
- Atlantic Records Takes Reddit to Court Over 'Heathens' Leak
- Lawyers Restart GM Ignition Switch Litigation
- Path Cleared for Opt-Out Investor Lawsuit Against Bear Stearns
- Hofstra Professor, Authority in Bankruptcy Law Dies at 68
- Former Wachtell E-Discovery Guru Turns Sights to Politics
- Equal-Pay Suit Faults Sedgwick for 'Male Dominated Culture'
Path Cleared for Opt-Out Investor Lawsuit Against Bear Stearns
Court Finds Drug Evidence Was Improperly Gathered
The work of the First Department includes many types of matters other than the disposition of appeals.