After months of searching and, some would argue, delay, Mayor Bill de Blasio on Thursday announced the appointments of seven new interim Civil Court judges for New York City, along with two new appointments to the city's Criminal Court.
- Older Lawyers Pursue Social Justice Through Emeritus Program
- Memorial Service for Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam
- Proposed DOJ Corporate Crime-Fighting Budget Suffers Few Cuts
- Fried Frank Hires Katten's NY Real Estate Litigation Head
- Note to Readers: The New York Law Journal will not be published Monday in observance of Memorial Day. All state and federal courts are closed.
- Bharara to Law Grads: Stand Up to Authority to Defend Justice
In this Special Report: "Slack Fill: Is This Deception or Just a Bunch of Air?," "Searching for Web Crawling's Legal Boundaries," "A Judicial Perspective on the Management of Complex Litigation," "How to Customize Arbitration for Complex Commercial Cases," "Fee-Shifting Effect of Choice-of-Law Clauses" and "The Scope of Choice-of-Law Clauses in International Arbitration."
Panel Faults NYC, MTA Over Witnesses in Injury Case
The New York Law Journal is looking to honor the best and brightest among New York's legal community across several different categories.