A federal judge has enjoined Uber and CEO Travis Kalanick from using information gathered by a private investigator he hired to dig into the backgrounds of a plaintiff and lawyer in a class action lawsuit.
- U.S. Not Immune in Suit Over Admiral's Injury at Retirement Fete
- Perkins Coie Lawyer's Advice Helped Spark Democratic Divisions
- US Judge in Milwaukee Chastised for Remarks on Urban 'Pathology'
- Former Reed Smith Partner's Hire DQs New Firm From IP Suit
- DiFiore Campaign Funds Underwrite Law Internships
- SDNY Judge Clears Path for Opt-Out Investor Suit Against Bear Stearns
The work of the First Department includes many types of matters other than the disposition of appeals.