In what it termed "a close call," the Second Circuit allowed a defamation suit over the now-debunked 2014 article that detailed an alleged gang rape at a University of Virginia fraternity. The panel reversed the majority of the district court's dismissal and remanded the case for further proceedings.
- Ex-Deutsche Bank GC, SEC Enforcement Chief Joins King & Spalding
- State Bar Kicks Off Campaign for a Constitutional Convention
- Investors Jumping Into Legal Fray Over Equifax Data Breach
- Litigation Funder Longford Raises $500M as Industry Stays Flush
- Rape Allegations Roil Fox; Network Calls It a Lawyer 'Stunt'
- States Expand Probe Into Big Pharma Opioid Marketing
For general counsel seeking a hefty paycheck, it looks as though there's no better place to be than New York. A larger proportion of the top 100 best paid GCs in the U.S. work in New York than in any other state.
Monroe Town Court Justice Winchester Suspended by Top Court
Firm's Engagement Letter Not Specific Enough to Beat Back Malpractice Suit