More than 20 years after two men were convicted of kidnapping a teenage girl found strangled, stabbed and sexually assaulted, a Brooklyn appellate court has dismissed the pair's indictments, faulting prosecutors for "burying" key documents in disclosures made just before trial.
- All Court of Appeals Candidates Deemed 'Qualified'
- NYCLU Report on Public Defense Provides Fuel for Trial
- Judge Edits 'Independent' From Ballot Proposition
- Court Rejects Motion to Name Coordinating Attorney
- FEMA Seeks Repayment of Millions From Sandy Victims
- Decision to Divert Rice Assault Case Was Sound, Lawyers Say
The Commission on Judicial Nomination has presented Gov. Cuomo with seven candidates for the Court of Appeals seat held by Senior Associate Judge Victoria Graffeo. Will he reappoint the widely respected Republican judge, or return the Court of Appeals to Democratic control?
Welcome to the Fifth Annual New York Law Journal Reader Rankings, where you, the New York legal community, cast your vote for your favorite vendors in 90+ categories encompassing the areas of Technology, Research, Accounting, Insurance, Financial Services, Litigation Support, Real Estate, Education, Recruiting and Staffing.
BMW Group LLC, 2055 Cruger, LCC, Skivjani Realty Corp., Glenhill Associates, LLC and 498 Seventh LLC, on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated, Plaintiffs v. Castle Oil Corporation, Defendant, 650910/2013
Judge Finds No Proof of Economic Damages in Fuel Oil Suit
Judge Rejects Motion to Bring in Coordinating Attorney