New York County Supreme Court Justice Carol Edmead has ruled that Reorg Research, a subscription provider of information on distressed businesses to institutional clients, cannot use New York's Shield Law to protect its confidential sources. The company says it will appeal.
- Attorney for Benjamin Wey Argues for Dismissal, Citing Search
- Plaintiffs Lawyers and State AGs Could Team Up More Often in Trump Era
- Legal Service Providers Laud Expansion of Housing Court Representation
- MBBA Celebrates Black History Month
- Boutique, Facing Two Ex-Partner Suits, Enters Talks to Settle One
- Note to Readers: The New York Law Journal will not be published on Monday in observance of Presidents' Day. All state and federal courts are closed.
The New York Law Journal is looking to honor the best and brightest among New York's legal community across several different categories.
- Akin Gump Partner's Arrest Highlights Hiring Risks for Firms
- Ninth Circuit, Asserting Its Role, Keeps Nationwide Block on Travel Ban in Place
- In Travel Ban Appeal, Judges Don't Accept 'We’re in a Rush' Excuse
- ABA President Rails Against Trump Tweets Attacking Judge Who Blocked Ban