Acting Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Barry Ostrager decided Oct. 25 that the subpoena served by AG Eric Schneiderman's office against PricewaterhouseCoopers and ExxonMobil on Aug. 19 as part of an investigation into whether the companies misled investors and consumers about climate change is valid and directed them to comply with it.
- Court Expands Whistleblower Law to Apply to Private Citizens
- Court Says Strip Club Managers Not Defamed in TV Report; Youth Hockey League Not Liable for Spectator Assault
- Former CFO Calls Greenberg's Plan to Convert AIG Losses a 'Waste of Time'
- Cornell Launches Center to Help Defeat Death Penalty Worldwide
- Law Firms a 'Petri Dish' for Implicit Bias, Gender Inequity
- Littler Mendelson Gambles on Data Mining as Competition Changes
Judge Tosses $35M Malpractice Claim Against Skadden
Farm Bureau Gets a Say on Right-to-Unionize Suit